Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall, Autumn, Harvest

Fall, autumn, harvest...whatever you call it, it is beautiful.  This time of year is my favorite.  Watching the leaves change from green to shades of red, pink, orange, yellow, purple, and brown is fascinating. The kids and I had full doing a unit study by Amanda Bennett called "Autumn Treasures".  During the study, we went on leaf hunts and nature walks.  We collected leaf samples, made leaf rubbings, and wrote about the leaves we found.  My family and I are blessed to live in an area of the country that comes alive with color in the fall.  We have been on several adventures around Western NC to see fall at it's best.  We have explored Chimney Rock Park, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and other places close by.  We have been able to behold God's beauty, splendor, and majesty!
                                         
                                          Cecely and Titus on the Blue Ridge Parkway
                                          Me and the kids on a nature walk at the Carl Sandburg home.
                                          Titus and Cecely at the Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville

Fall is an inspiring time of year for me.  It is a reminder of the Scriptures that speak of "a time for every season...a time to be born, a time to die...", and "the old has gone and the new has come".  Seeing the trees lose their leaves and prepare for winter reminds me of the frailty of life, but also I reminded the hope of new things come with the spring.  This is an opportunity for me to reconnect with my Savior, to die to myself, and to renew my relationship with Him.  The promise of the spring is around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment