Monday, November 7, 2011

Juggling and My Mama

Sometimes, I feel more like a semi-professional juggler than anything else in life.  I am pretty sure that every person in life feels like that sometime or another.  Currently, I am juggling being a wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, student, teacher, volunteer, cook, maid, dog walker, personal assistant, etc.  I know everyone of you reading this has felt stretched in a million ways.  We all get that feeling that there are not enough hourse in a day to complete all of the tasks required of us.  We all worry that we might not be doing the right thing, that we don't have what we need, we are concerned about family members, we worry about our children...our minds are going a gazillion miles an hour.

Today, I had the blessing of having some of my stresses lessened.  My Mama came up from SC today.  She took the kiddos to the library for story time, to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, then brought them back home and did their home school work with them.  The kids had such a good day.  I was able to get the house cleaned, laundry done, gave the dog a bath and long walk, changed the sheets on all the beds, finished homework, and so much more.  I am grateful to have a Mama who was willing to step in and help me out today.  Thanks, Mama!

I hope that I can be a person who pays attention to what is going on in the lives of other people.  I hope I can be a person who reaches out to help out when someone needs a burden lifted.  I hope that we can ALL learn to pay attention to the needs of those around us.  The smallest gesture can take a load of stress off of someone who needs a break.  I challenge you to be like my Mama...take a look around at the people around you, and help them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment