Thursday, July 19, 2012

Slow Day in the North West

Well for starters, there is something about the North West that just works for me.   If you know me at all, you know that I don't sleep very well.  Last night, I slept 8 hours, got up, and went back to sleep for another 2 hours.  It must be that sweet Pacific breeze.

Today has been a nice, slow day.  The sun is shining for now, with the forecast of rain for the weekend.  We went with Andrea in search of maternity clothes.  She has a doctor appointment this afternoon, so Titus and I are hanging out until  she gets back. 

There is something about the "older" folks here in Canada.  Coming from the South where almost everyone smiles, and most people will stop and chat with you, it is a bit unsettling to see people not smiling.  Especially the older people.  It makes me wonder what is going on in the lives of the people up here to keep them from taking a few minutes to say hello and smile and wave.  I've told Andrea that my goal is to smile and say "hey" just as I do at home.  I'll leave a little Southern cheer up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment