Sunday, August 18, 2013

Strength When You're Not Strong

I can't wait for the future when I can sit down to write and the topic will be happy.  For now, though, it seems the things that are placed on my heart or that I am experiencing are very heavy.  Right now, I am just tired.  Are you with me out there?  I'm sure most of you who are reading this are exhausted in one way or another.  Most of the time, I usually am just physically tired.  This past week, however, has left me spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically wiped out.  I feel like if I could go away to a cabin in the mountains with no reception, with a trickling creek, with a stocked fridge, and with a cozy couch and warm quilt, I could sleep for 3 days.  Everything within me has reached it's limit.  I cannot hold anymore thoughts, I cannot feel anymore hurt, I cannot withstand anymore sadness.  I'm just spent. 

Thankfully, I am a Christian.  I have Christ alive in me.  I have a network of other believers who are praying daily for me.  I truly believe that the prayers of my friends and family is what is sustaining me.  I believe that God is alive and is working in my life through the prayers of His people.  Truly, I should be in a hospital right now hooked up to a few IVs and battling consciousness.  I have no doubt that the only reason I am not spending an expensive night at Mission Hospital is because God is honoring the prayers of His children.  He is faithful, even when others are not.  He is good, even when other cause hurt.  He sees, even when I feel alone.  He is so much bigger than any problem any of us are facing.  But, just in case you are worn out and are to the point where you can't see or feel Him moving in your life, let me offer some verses to encourage you...

Deuteronomy 20:4  For the Lord your God is He who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.

Deuteronomy 31: 6  Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness"...

Psalm 31:24  Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 46:1  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Music always helps me realign my thoughts and heart when I am overwhelmed by weakness, and when I am seeking strength.  This song by Matt Readman is one that instantly restores my soul and gives me that boost to take on another day of life.
You Never Let Go

Bottom line, you are human, you are weak.  Thankfully, God loves you so much that He knows when you are going to fall before you do.  He has provided a book full of truths for you to cling to.  He has placed people in your life who will gladly pray for you and walk with you on this journey...talk to those friends...talk to me!  I would love to pray with you and for you.  You are not alone.  God is here...Don't lose heart!  Don't give up!  It's ok to be tired.  But, lift up your arms to the One who cares for you so deeply...let Him lift you up and carry you through your difficulties.  Stop trying to carry the world on your shoulders.  Give it to Him!  And, believe me, as always, I'm preaching to myself here.  What a sweet release when we let go and let Him do His thing!

1 comment:

  1. Amber you are so wise and you do not even know it. Keep your head held high.

    Be still and know that I am God
    Psalm 40:10

    Rest my friend.

    ReplyDelete