Sunday, August 18, 2013

When You Walk Through the Water...

When I was younger, I would travel around with my Daddy and sing with him.  We would go to little churches, big churches, different denominations...we would sing for homecomings, revivals, and for no reason at all.  I have been blessed to sing at weddings and honored to sing at funerals.  For some reason tonight, God laid this song on my heart...it is an older one...if you are familiar with the Gaithers, then you'll be familiar with Allison Durham Speer.  I used to sing this song quite frequently.  My Daddy used to tell me that this was the song where he could really see me...I think it's because I believed it!  God had proven Himself over and over, and I would sing it with all of the authority I could muster.  I'm listening to it right now with tears streaming down my face as I remember how much God has already brought me through and trusting He is going to do it again!  This song is based on Isaiah 43:2, "When you walk through the waters, I will be with you; and when you walk through the rivers, they will not sweet over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."  If you are hurting right now, please listen to this song...read the lyrics as you listen...and be reminded that He is the God who lifts you up!!!

When You Walk Through The Water, Allison Durham Speer

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE WATER
 
Words & music by David Baroni & Allison Durham Speer
 
Lord, I want to be led by Your Spirit
Sometimes I feel so afraid
There are times when this river
Seems to flow against me
And it makes it hard to not be swept away
Even when I feel I'm strong
You know I'm weak and frail
Then You gently remind me
That Your faithfulness to me will never fail
You say...
 
When you walk through the water
I will be with you
And the river will not overflow you
Though you walk through deep water
I will be with you
Through the flame or flood you won't be burned or drowned
I am the God who lifts you up
And I'll never let you down
 
Oh Lord, you are a shield for me
You're the glory, and the lifter of my head
When I'm facing fear or doubt
From within or from without
I'm reminded of the hand by which I am led
You said...

When you walk through the water
I will be with you
And the river will not overflow you
Though you walk through deep water
I will be with you
Through the flame or flood you won't be burned or drowned
I am the God who lifts you up
And I'll never let you down


Copyright 1993



No comments:

Post a Comment