Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Letter of Thanks...

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for being who you are.  I have tried to express it as often as I can, but I feel a fail miserably.  I am exceedingly grateful for the wonderful, caring, encouraging and incredible people God has placed in my life.  I know without any doubt, that had it not been for your investment in my life, I would not be here today.  That is not said lightheartedly, at all.  Over the course of this year, I have been constantly wrapped up in love.  God has richly blessed me with so many people who truly, deeply love my children and me.  While I do not understand the depth of this love, I know that it is a result of you listening to the Lord and doing as He has called.  Thank you for being instruments of His love and care!  I wish I had stronger words to express my gratitude!

I had every intention of glossing over my birthday this year.  Instead, I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from you.  I am going to do my best to address everyone, but there is a very good chance I'll forget something, so please be gracious...

To my family and friends far away:
Thank you so much for the Facebook messages, Facebook posts, emails, e-gift cards, and cards in the mail.  You have no idea how excited I get when I open my email and there is a gift for me...seriously, like a kid at Christmas.  More importantly, thank you for the words you shared...those words lifted my spirits and warmed my heart.  Thank you so very much for thinking of me!

To my East Campus Team family:
Thank you for a day that was completely Wild at Heart.  Thank you for acknowledging how I have changed over this past year.  Thank you for challenging me to grow.  Thank you for taking the time to celebrate with me.  Thank you for making me laugh, for being patient when I cried, and for arming me with a shot gun!

To my local family and friends:
Thank you for spoiling me rotten.  Thank you for a trip to a spa (amazingly wonderful experience), for the cakes, for the gifts, for watching Mary Poppins with me, for lunches out, for texts of silliness.  Thank you for the encouraging and loving Facebook posts!  Thank you for being a daily presence in the lives of Cecely, Titus, and me. 

To the ridiculous sneaky people in my life:
I have NEVER been as surprised as I was yesterday.  I have always had a part in planning my birthday or known most of what was going to happen.  When I walked into my favorite restaurant, rounded the corner, and heard you all singing, I simply could not believe it.  I could not understand why you had made that drive, why you had taken time out of you crazy schedules...I don't get why you love me so much.  But, know my heart...I AM SO GRATEFUL!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  

To the one who has restored my hope, my confidence, and made me happier than I have ever been in my life:
Thank you...I wish I had better words...honestly, I am speechless (insert joke here).

This birthday will be one that I will never forget.  God is good.  You all are amazing.  I am humbled and blessed!

Always,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment