Friday, October 14, 2016

Letters to the People of Swannanoa

To the amazing people of Swannanoa,

What a wonderful journey this has been.  I am so thankful God allowed our paths to cross.  I came to Swannanoa in one phase of my life.  Through circumstances outside of my control, my children and I went through a very sad time; but, the people of this church rallied around us and walked with us.  You all supplied countless hugs, smiles and encouragement.  You prayed with us and for us.  Through our time with you, we were blessed by so many incredible relationships.  My heart is so full of love for you all.  

When Brian and I began to date, we began to pray that God would let us know when our time of ministry at Biltmore was over.  We have always prayed that our family would be our first priority after the Lord.  Over the past month, God has been showing Brian and me that it is our time to leave Biltmore.  This Sunday will be our last one.  We will be staying in the area, but we are waiting to see where He leads us.  

We welcome your prayers for our family as we go through this transition.  We will continue to lift you up in prayer.  Please keep me posted on how I can pray for you...I LOVE to pray for you.



For the wonderful parents/grandparents/guardians,

I want to express my deepest gratitude to you for allowing me these past few years with your children.  It has been one of the greatest joys of my life to have been able to spend my Sunday mornings with your babies.  Each one of the kiddos I have had the pleasure of spending time with holds a special place in my heart.  Children are an amazing gift from the Lord, and I am honored that He gave me the opportunity to share my love for Jesus with them.  Thank you for making sure your children are a part of the family of God.  Thank you for making sure they are getting time with believers, are learning from God’s Word, are learning to worship, and are learning to be leaders!  I am so proud of your children!!!

As my last Sunday is quickly approaching, I want you to know that I will continue to lift your family and your children up in prayer.  Though we may not see each other every week, I will hold you all close in my heart.  Please know that you are greatly loved and deeply cared for.  I am so thankful for the promise of heaven and the knowledge of having eternity with you all!!!

Please share this message with your kiddos for me:


Dear Kiddo,

God loves you!  I LOVE YOU!!! You are incredible.  You are amazing.  You are special.  You are important.  You were created with a purpose that only YOU can fulfill for Jesus.  You matter so very much.  Thank you for being a wonderful part of my life.  I am so glad that God gave us time together.  I want you to remember of a few things:

1.     Make good choices!  In life, you are going to have so many chances to make poor choices.  When you do, you’ll have consequences that will hurt, but that will teach you something important.  When you make good choices, there will be great consequences and rewards.  Even when it’s hard, make a good choice!
2.     Be bold and courageous!  The world can be scary.  We have to deal with hard things with our families and friends.  We have to worry about bullies.  It can be scary.  But, when you give your life to follow Jesus, God is always with you.  He can give you the power and strength you need to be bold and courageous no matter what!!!
3.     Jesus died for you.  We are all going to mess up (that’s called sin).  The Bible says the price or consequence for sin is death and forever without Jesus.  BUT, Jesus died on the cross for YOU!  Even if you had been the only kiddos ever, He would have died to take your place for sin.  Because, He LOVES you!  He wants you to follow Him.  He wants you to get to spend forever with Him in heaven!

I am so thankful for you.  Keep spending time with Jesus.  Keep praying.  Keep reading your Bible.  Keep asking questions.  Keep singing.  Keep dancing.  Keep learning.  I am so proud of you!  You are AWESOME!

Big hugs to each and every one of you!

Love,


Mrs. Amber


P.S.  We have been told that there will be a time of prayer from 12:30pm-12:45pm in the library at ACA on Sunday following the service for our family.  You are welcome to join us if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment