Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas List

Christmas 2015, Atlanta
Oh, how I love Christmas!  There's just so much that I enjoy about the season.  In every home I've lived in as an adult, the rooms have been filled with trees, decorations, and music.  We fill every room with Christmas music for two months.  Growing up, Christmastime was always eventful.  We would participate in the Christmas plays at church.  We would go caroling.  We would make crafts to give.  We would drive around looking at lights.  I'm sure we all have special memories and feelings tied with this time of year.  So, today, I thought I would keep the writing simple and share my Christmas list with you...after you read it, think about your answers and share yours!  Merry Christmas!

Christmas 2014, me and Hannah
Favorite Christmas:
1.  Hot Drink--Apple Cider with Cinnamon Sticks
2.  Cold Drink--Peppermint Milkshake from Chick-Fil-A
3.  Treat--Chocolate Covered Oreos
4.  Meal--Christmas breakfast with Chocolate Gravy
5.  Classic Movie (over 25 years old)--White Christmas
6.  "Modern" Classic Movie--Elf
7.  Animated Movie--Mickey's Christmas Carol
8.  Claymation Movie--The Year Without a Santa Claus
9.  Christmas Carol--O, Holy Night
10.  Christmas Song--Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
11.  Giving Tradition--Operation Christmas Child Shoebox
12.  Around Town Tradition--Gingerbread Houses at the Grove Park Inn
13.  Out of Town Tradition--Christmas lights (Mauldin, Bristol Speedway, Charlotte Speedway)
14.  Childhood Memory--Christmas Eve performances in our home...reciting, singing and dancing with my sibling for my parents and grandparents
Christmas 2014, My Fella
15.  Parent Memory--every time my kiddos understand something new about the birth of Jesus Christ
16.  Scent--Peppermint
17.  Outfit--cozy Christmas pjs
18.  Ornament--ALL of them!  Especially the ones made by my kiddos.
19.  Book--Polar Express
20.  Message--HOPE, JOY, PEACE, and LOVE shown through the gift God gave the entire world of His Son Jesus.  The gift of knowing Jesus willingly gave up Heaven to take on life as a human.  The gift of Him willingly giving up His life to take the payment of every sin you or I ever committed.  The gift of knowing that because I choose to follow Him, I have the promise of Heaven!

Merry Christmas, my friends!  Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment